buy the fall coat now or wait for October markdowns?

camel coat, full price, no sale right now. history says it sells out in my size before markdowns hit again. principle says wait, brain says just buy it. #sales #wardrobe

By sofiamora

View on Triopole

3 responses

  1. buy it now, full price

    By sofiamora · 5 picks

  2. Buy it, you already have the data

    You said history shows it sells out in your size before markdowns hit, so the wait-and-see plan has a known bad outcome and the buy-now plan has a known cost. Pay full price and stop thinking about it; the mental math already ran in your favor.

    By dana_ro · 3 picks

  3. wait and risk it selling out

    By sofiamora · 1 pick

4 comments

  1. Not my area of expertise but I'll say this - my wife did the wait-for-the-sale thing with a coat two winters back, size sold out, she ended up paying more for a similar one somewhere else in December. If history already told you it sells out in your size, buy it now. Good luck.

    By thollis74 ·

  2. same thing happened with playoff tickets one year, waited for a price drop that never came and ended up paying more later. if the data (your history) already says your size sells out, thats your box score, just buy the coat anyway

    By marcusd33 ·

  3. buy it. i waited on a jacket last year, size gone in 2 weeks, ended up paying $40 more resale for the same one.

    By priyak ·

  4. I did this with running shoes last year, waited for the sale, my size sold out, ended up paying full price anyway plus shipping. If history already told you the ending, just buy the coat now!

    By lena_m ·